The Supreme Court decision is devastating for the economy and individual liberty. Apart from creating an all powerful federal government, changing substantially what it means to be an American, the law will send health care costs soaring, further undermining our economy.
It will destroy jobs, impoverish millions, and lead to much higher inflation and lower living standards.
It will give Romney a club to use against Obama during the election. Obama will have a lot of explaining to do as he strongly stated during the debate to pass the bill that the individual mandate is not a tax. The Supreme Court just said it was.
In his majority opinion Justice Roberts specifically said the government does not have the authority, under the Commerce Clause, to compel Americans to buy a product. He then said it has unlimited power to tax people who do not buy products the government wants them to buy. This is a distinction without a difference. Based on this ruling, here are examples of what the government can now do:…….
- (“There is speculation that Roberts ruled this way in order to help conservatives strategically, to leave Obamacare hanging around Obama’s neck for the upcoming election”) Chief Justice John Roberts: Trojan Horse? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Will You Have a Job? (lewrockwell.com)
- Avoid the Brick Wall (lewrockwell.com)
- Rand Paul on the Peter Schiff Show (ronpaul.com)
- The Promise of the Stockton, CA, Bankruptcy (lewrockwell.com)
- Enemy of the Free Market (lewrockwell.com)
- Blame the Rich! (lewrockwell.com)
- Why the Government’s Financial Reform Will Fail (lewrockwell.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obamacare to unleash crushing new taxes, trillions in debt, huge job losses, and it doesn’t even cover natural medicine (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Razors, Hookahs, Peter Schiff, and Mel Gibson (lewrockwell.com)