A former police officer and FBI official who retired due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder claims she saw angels when she first responded to the Pennsylvania crash of hijacked Flight 93 during the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
“The angels started appearing on the perimeter of the crash site,” Lillie Leonardi said in an interview with Pittsburgh television station WTAE.
“They were dressed as if they were in warrior garb like a Roman centurion, and there were so many of them, you couldn’t see their faces.”
Leonardi has just published a book about her account, titled, “In the Shadow of a Badge: A Spiritual Memoir.”
In a video on her own website, she gives more details of what she saw at the crash site, explaining, “All of a sudden, I kept seeing this flicker of light. You saw all these angels manifest. One in particular, in front, that I knew, it was Michael. He knew I was there to do something. I just didn’t know what it was at that moment. He’s the conduit to God as far as I’m concerned. I’m then the conduit for other people to listen to what has to be said. And then it’s their choice to decide what to do.”
At the time of the disaster, Leonardi was the community-affairs coordinator for the FBI in its Pittsburgh division.
When she initially arrived at the crash site, she told the Associated Press that “the biggest thing for me is that that there were no bodies.”
“I’m used to crime scenes but this one blew me out of the water. It just looked like the ground had swallowed up” the plane, she noted.
“That’s when I started seeing like shimmery lights … and it was kind of misty and that’s when I first saw, like, the angels there,” Leonardi said. “And I didn’t say anything to the guys because you can imagine if I would have said, ‘I just saw angels on the crash site,’ they’d have called the office and they’d have said, ‘She lost her mind and tell her to go home.’”
Leonardi kept what she saw to herself for nearly two years, but as emotional and physical ailments surfaced that she would later learn were PTSD-related, she told others, including her former FBI supervisor Kenneth McCabe.
“I believe her. I read the whole book,” McCabe told AP. “I know she believes 100 percent that’s what she saw. I know she’s a sane person so I’m not going to discount what she says she saw.”
- Lillie Leonardi: Former FBI employee ‘saw angels guarding Flight 93 site after deadly crash on 9/11’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Flight 93 revelation (goerie.com)
- Writer says angels seen at Flight 93 crash site (timesleader.com)
- Ex-FBI agent: I saw angels at Flight 93 site (cbsnews.com)
- FBI agent: I saw angels at 9/11 crash site (wnd.com)
- Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at Flight 93 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at Flight 93 (kansascity.com)
- Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at Flight 93 (heraldonline.com)
- Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at Flight 93 (staradvertiser.com)
- Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at Flight 93 (ktvb.com)