Obama’s obsession with control
By Doug Hagmann & Joseph Hagmann Sunday, July 8, 2012
In the event you missed the Friday news dump, Barack Hussein Obama issued yet another executive order. Titled “Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions,” it may be read in its entirety on the White House website here.
At first blush, it appears that the order modernizes previous communications functionality, particularly as it relates to the continuity of governmental communication during wartime or national crisis as defined by Obama.
The text of the order itself consists of 2,205 words and seven-(7) sections and multiple subsections. The policy statement (section one) seems innocuous and actually beneficial to the continuity of communications within the U.S., until one begins to dissect the order and consider it in context with other Obama issued directives. Extensive analysis of this order, in tandem with other recent Obama orders and signed legislation, suggests a disconcerting pattern of potential overreach by Obama into the area of normal and customary commercial communication systems.
Based on our analysis of this order, it would appear that the implementation of emergency communications by Obama, using all forms of wired and wireless communication systems, is redirected through the Executive branch and could expand such takeover abilities beyond the limits of an actual act of war, national emergency, or other event impacting the national security of the U.S. The order also mandates that the Department of Homeland Security develops and submits such a plan to Obama within sixty-(60) days of this order (section 5.2(h)).
Additionally, Obama’s order completely revokes Executive Order 12472 of April 3, 1984, as amended, which established and defined the National Communication System (NCS). The purpose of the NCS is to “assist the President” in matters of emergency communications in war-time emergencies, and during “those crises or emergencies in which the exercise of the President’s war power functions is not required or permitted by law.” By the stroke of his pen, such distinctions are removed.
Security or control?
After reviewing this order, one is forced to wonder whether the actual function of this order is to assure continuity of communications during an actual emergency, or if this order is designed to expand the control of all communications by implementing measures that redefine crises and emergencies. In the context of the most recent orders implemented by the stroke of his pen, it would appear that Obama is more concerned with command and control than ensuring continuity of communications during times of actual national emergencies.
When viewed in the broader context of………..
- Another EXECUTIVE ORDER? (elkhartcountygrassrootshub.wordpress.com)
- New July 6th Obama Executive Order Seeks ‘Control’ Over Communications During ‘Crisis’ (sgtreport.com)
- Executive Tyranny (canadafreepress.com)
- Obama’s obsession with control (twtface.com)
- Obama’s obsession with control (canadafreepress.com)
- Executive Tyranny – Obama gives himself total control over America – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Obama declares National Emergency and issues E.O. against Russian assets (johnmalcolm.me)
- Obama Outlines Emergency Communications Authority (techdailydose.nationaljournal.com)
- Impeach Obama! (strangeuspolitics.wordpress.com)
- CHECKED – Obama’s Executive Order – Assignment Of National Security And Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions IS GONE – 8 July 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” New Obama Executive Order Pushes Us Closer To A North American Union (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Obama Truth Team’ Orders GoDaddy To Shut Down Website (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Martial Law Executive Order by Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” ‘Obama Truth Team’ Orders GoDaddy To Shut Down Website (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Obama Truth Team’ Orders GoDaddy To Shut Down Website (canadafreepress.com)
- How Obama Literally Hypnotized America-Part 1 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s latest Executive Order sets a new low, even for him (canadafreepress.com)
- Debra Rae – The Executive Order, “Stroke of the Pen, Law of the Land. Kinda’ Cool” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)