Chuck Baldwin — A Look At How Democrats And Republicans Differ
However, this does NOT mean that there are not basic differences between the two parties. The two parties differ greatly on HOW government will take our liberties. Where they are similar is in the fact that neither of them has any interest in preserving liberty. Until the American people awaken to this reality, whatever freedoms we have left in this country are doomed.
Let me ask you a question: does it really matter whether a free man is enslaved by a socialist state or a fascist state? Are the prisons any more accommodating? Are the lashes from the whip any less painful? Is the agony of losing a loved one any less grievous? Is the persecution any less revolting? What difference does it make to a free man if his liberties are stolen by an Adolf Hitler or by a Joseph Stalin?
Do you want a quick reference to the difference between how the Democrats and Republicans in Washington, D.C., are stealing our liberties? When the Democrats control things, America gets more socialism; when the Republicans control things, America gets more corporatism, which is a polite word for fascism. Socialism requires government to own everything, while fascism requires government to control everything. And remember, too, fascists and socialists have always hated each other. Big deal! Fascists and socialists alike hate freedomists, which is why inside-the-beltway Repubs and Dems can’t stand people like Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and yours truly. (Remember the MIAC report identifying the three of us, and our supporters, as being potential “dangerous militia” members?) So who cares which of these two parties happens to be in power? Our freedoms continue to be under siege. That’s why the battle in Washington politics has nothing to do with preserving freedom, but everything to do with HOW government will take freedom. Will they take it by ownership or by control? And, unfortunately, what we have right now is the worst of both worlds: government is using a combination of both ownership and control to steal our liberties. Why? Because except for a very precious few elected civil magistrates (like Congressman Ron Paul), there is no one on Capitol Hill or the White House who remotely understands–or fights for–the principles of liberty.
Even worse is that when the Donkeys and the Elephants do agree, it almost always is in an effort to point the bayonets at the American citizenry. What does it matter whether government owns it or controls it? What does it matter whether it more resembles socialism of corporatism? What it doesn’t look anything like, is FREEDOM!
Take the Democrat/Republican debate over Obamacare. Even if Mitt Romney and the GOP prevail in the November elections, Obamacare will be replaced with Romneycare. And Romneycare will be 85% Obamacare, with a slight shift toward government control and a slight shift away from government ownership. Again, I say, BIG DEAL! What neither party is talking about is that the federal government has no business being in health care. Period! Just like the federal government has no business being in over 90% of everything it is involved in today. But who do you hear saying that in Washington, D.C., except Ron Paul?
Take the issue of the burgeoning surveillance society. What does it matter which major party is in power in Washington, D.C.? The TSA gets more and more obnoxiously tyrannical; abuses of civil liberties under the guise of fighting a “war on drugs” continues unabated; abuses of the Bill of Rights under the guise of fighting a “war on terror” continues unabated; the federal police state continues to grow exponentially; unconstitutional foreign entanglements continue to proliferate; ad infinitum, ad nauseam.
In a book that I have recommended numerous times, “Hitler’s Cross,” Erwin Lutzer writes on page 72, “Through surveillance, wiretaps, spying, and rewarding those who betrayed their friends, Hitler tried to control the citizens of Germany.” On page 73, Lutzer continues the thought saying, “But Hitler did not have the technology to bring every subject of his realm into line.” So, given the technology that is available today, what would Hitler do differently if he were running things in Washington, D.C.? I ask readers to think seriously about that question. What would Hitler do differently?
Today, the federal government monitors virtually every piece of electronic communication. The federal government monitors virtually every major banking transaction. It has spies infiltrated in even harmless organizations all over the country. It threatens people with the loss of their jobs or freedom (or both) to betray their friends. It spies on us with satellites; it spies on us with drones. On July 6, 2012, President Obama signed an Executive Order authorizing the federal government to take control of America’s entire communications industry. In 2006, under President George W. Bush, the US military began planning armed confrontation against the American citizenry. (I have the document in my possession.) And, of course, we must not overlook the Patriot Act which has been authorized and reauthorized under both Republicans and Democrats; the Military Commission Act which was signed by G.W. Bush; NDAA 2012 and 2013 which was signed by President Barack Obama, and which was passed by both Republicans and Democrats. And let’s not forget the federal attack against the Branch Davidians under Democrats Bill Clinton and Janet Reno, and the assault against the Randy Weaver household under Republican President George Herbert Walker Bush………….
- Four for freedom… By: Chuck Baldwin (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Party of Great Moral Frauds (lewrockwell.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Chuck Baldwin Warns Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Four for freedom… By: Chuck Baldwin (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The End of the Republican Coalition? (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)
- By Thomas DiLorenzo: When Americans Understood the Declaration of Independence (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Chuck Baldwin – Strictly Personal (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Four For Freedom (chuckbaldwinlive.com)
- Chuck Baldwin – Founders Without Whom America Would Not Exist (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Do readers not find it a little curious that hardly anyone in the national press corps – or even in the vast majority of the local media – has not picked up the Times report?/…this is why electing Mitt Romney will change nothing! “) Chuck Baldwin – The Whit (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- WHY OBAMA LIES: The truth finally comes out (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (GyG Blog: Gy G Reader Response: Thank God Ron Paul is still crazy, nothing like those Republican Appointees ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (Col Sellin) Mitt Romney is Barack Obama’s White Half – English pravda.ru (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Immigration officers doubted Obama birth story (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- 20 Republicans set to uphold controversial UN treaty… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (“Is The US Run By A Military Junta? It might as well be”) Washington’s Militarized Mindset by Tom Engelhardt (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Secede by Joseph Sobran… (The original 13 states formed a “Confederation,” under which each state retained its “sovereignty, freedom, and independence.”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- (Col Sellin) Hitler’s Generals and American Politicians – English pravda.ru (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rush: Republicans clueless in stopping Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Devvy Kidd – Obamacare: Nullification, equal protection and important court cases, Part 1 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Socialization Of America Is Economically Impossible (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Once a Liar… “..what Obama has attempted to do is to destroy America’s spirit…” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- We are true Americans, and we will not submit (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ALAN STANG: REPUBLICAN PARTY, RED FROM THE START by Alan Stang ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Spy Drone Buzzes Journalist’s Secluded Home (“……a “war” being waged by the administration against its political adversaries..”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- America ! Be Truly Afraid By Rand Clifford (via ~ The GUNNY “G” BLOG & E-MAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Real Americans (Not AINOs) Are Fed Up w/the BS!…Dr Ron Paul Should Run Third Party Enabling America An Actual Choice !!!!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Republicans Want More Debt’ and Other Democratic Propaganda (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Party of Great Moral Frauds by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Media Beast To America: Bow Down To Military Police, Your New Lord And Savior (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Ted Nugent: ‘Best’ if South had won Civil War (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Forget the Presidency (lewrockwell.com)
- Ron Paul Coup in Minnesota GOP by Thomas Eddlem (gunnyg.wordpress.com)