By Derrick Hollenbeck, staff writer
Obama’s continued assaults on the rule of law to win support and reelection from those with no stake in our country are now coming at a dangerous pace. His narcissistic “L’État, c’est moi” (“I am the state”) delusion must be stopped or at some point a state governor will refuse to comply with one of his Executive Orders –even one backed up by the Supreme Court. This could bring about a de facto, or constructive secession by states attempting to uphold our Constitution.
Borrowing from civil divorce law, constructive secession could occur when a state refuses to fulfill its obligations of compliance within the compact it has with the federal government. Barack Obama is well on his way to setting the stage for this to happen.
Utah already has a law allowing the satisfaction of taxes with payment in gold. Other states, South Carolina Georgia Idaho and Indiana, (all of whom are controlled by Republicans) are considering similar bills. When this happens gold will become the local currency and necessarily differ in value from one state to another. This will in effect create state currency and bring about another step toward constructive secession.
In a marriage constructive abandonment can arise without the spouses separating and taking up new domiciles. In a constructive secession there would be no need for a formal declaration of secession. States opting for a constructive secession would merely comport themselves as separate countries as they administer the several matters that dominate everyday life.
We already have dozens of states that have indicated they will not comply with the requirements of Obamacare. Two governors have just announced their states will not comply with changes in Welfare eligibility rules dictated to them by Obama.
Given these facts, how far off could widespread constructive secessionsbe?
Not very far unless King Barack I is stopped.
- Obama’s latest Executive Order sets a new low, even for him (canadafreepress.com)
- How to legally dissolve the U.S. Federal Government Forget Secession (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- If BHO is reelected, Time for Texas to Secede (Vanity) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Yankee Problem Again by Clyde Wilson (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Secede by Joseph Sobran… (The original 13 states formed a “Confederation,” under which each state retained its “sovereignty, freedom, and independence.”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Right To Secede (lewrockwell.com)
- Obama to give UN control of our water! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Thomas Jefferson, Independence Day, and Obamacare (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- The Right To Secede by Joseph Sobran (chasvoice.blogspot.com)
- Dear Arizona; Has SCOTUS made secession your only option (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- On the Impossibility of Limited Government and the Prospects for a Second American Revolution – Hans-Hermann Hoppe – Mises Daily (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- I Do Not Consent To Be Governed (lewrockwell.com)