The president signed an executive order on June 6th that was published in the Federal Registry this week which grants the Department of Homeland Security extended emergency powers to control communications. The Washington Times reports:
An executive order signed June 6 “gives DHS the authority to seize control of telecommunications facilities, including telephone, cellular and wireless networks, in order to prioritize government communications over private ones in an emergency,” said Amie Stephanovich, a lawyer with the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC).
The White House says Executive Order 13618, published Wednesday in the Federal Register, is designed to ensure that the government can communicate during major disasters and other emergencies and contains no new authority.
(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com …
- Homeland Security gains more power through new Obama executive order (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Obama Now Controls All Communications Via Executive Order (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- DHS emergency power extended, including control of private telecom systems – Washington Times (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Conservatives Have Every Right to be Concerned Regarding Obama’s Internet Control Executive Order (riehlworldview.com)
- Obama Gives DHS Authority To Sieze ALL US Communications (alexanderhiggins.com)
- White House Seizes Control of Internet by Executive Order (blacklistednews.com)
- DHS emergency power extended, including control of private telecom systems (blacklistednews.com)
- Homeland Security Given Emergency Internet Control in Obama’s New Executive Order (sott.net)
- White House gives Homeland Security control of all communication systems (itmakessenseblog.com)
- FEMA Camps Just A Rumor? (judgementofamerica.wordpress.com)