Prison Planet.com » Why People Reject Conspiracy Theories
“On his Infowars.com Web site, Jones headlines his page with “Because There Is a War on for Your Mind.” True enough, which is why science and reason must always prevail over fear and irrationality, and conspiracy mongering traffics in the latter at the expense of the former.” – Michael Shermer,
“Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories,” Scientific American, August 18, 2012.
“The repression and revised imposition of September 11th and the attendant “war on terror” on the public mind have important implications not only for the integrity of public discourse, but also for the collective sanity of western culture and civilization. As crafted by dominant news media 9/11 has become the cracked lens through which we view and conceive of our own history, identity, and purpose. Each act of subverting or evading factual accounts of actually existing events manifests itself as a small fissure in the broader edifice of truth and rationality.
So does it also contribute to furthering the designs of broader forces seeking to build a once seemingly pretend brave new world.” – Prof. James F. Tracy, “9/11 Truth, Inner Consciousness and the “Public Mind,” Global Research, March 18, 2012.
The mocking of conspiracy theories in the American press and Western media is based on the simplistic argument that reason is on the side of the government and officialdom, not on the fringe of society and civilization.
Anti-conspiracy proponents ludicrously claim that conspiracy theorists are prey to paranoia and irrational thinking without explaining their own faulty reasoning. They put a huge emphasis on labels and none on facts. But they’re not unique. Apparently, name-calling is enough to win a court case in a 21st century American courtroom.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
Let’s set aside the mockery and look at the real picture. In the court of world public opinion, 9/11 truth has already won.
The truth is that 9/11 “conspiracy theorists” [read truth-tellers] are not the irrational party in the debate about what happened on 9/11, for the facts of history are on their side and no one with an honest intellect can say otherwise.
Since most people are not persuaded by facts but by fear, they blindly reject the truth about 9/11 and accuse the truth-tellers of being irrational, conspiratorial, and paranoid.
In addition to fear, there are four other reasons why people reject conspiracy theories in a wholesale manner, especially the fact-based claims made by the global 9/11 truth and justice movement. Below I’ve stated each reason in bold and briefly elaborated on them.
1. Fear. There are many dimensions to how fear blocks people from discovering, accepting, and telling the truth about 9/11.
The first dimension is cosmic. The official story about the most important socio-political event in modern history has been burned into the heart of American culture and Western civilization. America’s image of itself is wrapped up with the 9/11 fairy tale. For many, the fear of challenging the authenticity of the story is related to the fear of shaking up the cosmological scenery within one’s own mind that has been constructed by political leaders and the television.
The second dimension is social. People have a basic fear; they don’t want to be associated with those “crazy conspiracy theorists and their paranoid views.” They want to stay within the safety of the tribe, and disowning the most sacred myths of one’s tribe goes beyond treachery; it is interpreted as spiritual suicide.
The third dimension is the most obvious one: the fear of death. The government is watching what you say, and read, and it knows what you think and believe. Most people naturally don’t want to stick the bullseye on their chest and yell out in the crowd, “I don’t belong to you because I reject your lies and fables, now come and get me, punks.”
2. Ignorance. Due to the systemic blackout of the evidence showing that the official 9/11 story is a lie, people just don’t know. Not only are they ignorant of the facts underlining the case of the global 9/11 truth and justice movement, but they are ignorant that there is even a media blackout.
Of course, the excuse of ignorance is…..
- Obama’s Communist Mentor… (“Americans have lived through nearly four years of what can only be described as an attempt to take over our government and “fundamentally transform” it away from the limits of the Constitution to a nation in which …”) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- OBAMA MENTALLY ILL… ~ J. Grant Swank, Jr. ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama 2016? (What if 2012 Isn’t Obama’s Last Campaign?) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Is Washington Deaf as Well as Criminal? by Paul Craig Roberts (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- When will Obama crack in public? (via ~ GUNNY G: BLOGGER 1984 (+) BLOG & EMAIL ~) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Media Beast To America: Bow Down To Military Police, Your New Lord And Savior (gunnyg.wordpress.com)