By Servando Gonzalez
August 29, 2014
A characteristic common to all intelligence officers, East and West, is that they have a special open-mindedness. For them nothing is impossible just because it is improbable. —Thomas Powers.
The Bogotazo Riots and the Launching of the Cold War HoaxMost books and articles about the CIA mention the Agency’s first two successful covert operations: the overthrowing of Premier Mossadegh of Iran in 1953 and the overthrowing of President Arbenz of Guatemala in 1954.
Some of them spare a few paragraphs to mention the CIA’s alleged first mistake: its failure to predict the Bogotazo riots.
But there is more about the Bogotazo affair than the CIA, Fidel Castro, and his CFR masters want us to know.On April 9, 1948, Bogotá, the capital of Colombia, was the scene of violent riots, later known as the Bogotazo. The event that apparently unleashed the riots was the assassination of Colombia’s populist leader Jorge Eliécer Gaitán.
The events coincided with the celebration in Bogotá of the Ninth International Conference of American States, which had opened its sessions on March 30, 1948, chaired by U.S. Secretary of State and Secret CFR agent General George C. Marshall.
The murder of Gaitán unleashed a frenzied, senseless orgy of killing, burning, and looting that destroyed most of the center of Bogotá and virtually cut it off from the rest of the world for two days.
The riots took the lives of more than a thousand people. Before the riot ended 150 buildings had been burned down or severely damaged.What none of the books about the CIA mention, however, is that the Bogotazo actually was the CIA’s first successful large-scale psychological warfare operation PSYOP carried out on behalf of the CFR conspirators.
In it they tested new covert warfare, propaganda and mind control techniques later employed in operations ranging from the assassination of President Kennedy to the 9/11, 2001 PSYOP.Moreover, the Bogotazo operation was the event where the conspirators used for the first time their newly recruited secret agent:
Fidel CastroIn early 1948, CIA’s talent spotters at the U.S. Embassy in Havana decided to recruit Fidel Castro as an agent provocateur and send him to Bogotá, Colombia, on a sensitive mission. Apparently Castro’s already impressive record as a gangster, assassin and psychopath convinced them that he was the right person they were looking to perform a delicate and important job.In a book self-published in 1995, Ramón B. Conte, a man who used to do some minor contract work for the CIA as a heavy, mentions in detail how the Castro’s recruitment took place in early 1948, during a meeting at the mansion of Mario Lazo.
Lazo was a U.S.-educated Cuban lawyer who represented most American interests in Cuba. Conte and another CIA operative were on a stakeout in a car parked across the street in front of Lazo’s house. They were armed and ready to intervene if Castro, known for his flaring temper and love for firearms, refused the offer and turned violent.Castro attended the meeting accompanied by his friend Rafael del Pino Siero, a CIA asset who had been in the U.S. Army during WWII.
Among the people who attended the secret meeting were Lazo himself, CIA officer Richard Salvatierra, CIA agent Isabel Siero Pérez, former U.S. ambassador to Cuba Willard Beaulac, and two other Americans. Conte only identified them as Col. Roberts and a CIA officer known as Mr. Davies.Some years after Conte published his book, I interviewed him over the phone. In the interview he added to the list of people who attended the meeting at Lazo’s home an important name he failed to mention in his book: William D. Pawley.
At the time of the meeting Pawley, a millionaire businessman close friend of President Eisenhower, Allen Dulles, Dean Acheson and Robert Lovett all of them CFR members was U.S. ambassador to Peru and Brazil. He had been closely linked to the U.S. intelligence services since the times of the OSS, and was one of the main organizers of the Ninth Inter-American Conference that was planned to take place in April in Bogotá.
According to Conte, a week after the initial meeting, Castro and del Pino met………………
- GUNNY G: BB ORWELL 1984+
- GUNNY G: P!SSED YET, PILGRIM?
- GUNNY G: NOTHING BY ACCIDENT…
- GUNNY G: THE PEOPLE WHO CAST THE VOTES…
- GUNNY G: BLOGGING BAD!
- GUNNY G BLOGS, ETC.
- Servando Gonzalez – The National Security State: A Symptom, Not A Cause, Part 1 (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Servando Gonzalez – We Have Seen the Enemy – And He Is One Of Them, Part 1… “In his analysis of the Bay of Pigs invasion, Latell just parrots the old disinformation story that the only one to blame for the disaster was President Kennedy. He fails to ment (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama: The Man Who Never Was ~ Servando Gonzalez – historian, semiotician, writer, political satirist, intelligence analyst (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Servando Gonzalez – The 9/11/2001 Events: An Intelligence Appraisal (2012zt.wordpress.com)
- Servando Gonzalez – Why the House Can’t Impeach Obama… “…..So, there is strong evidence pointing to the fact that this man who calls himself Barack Hussein Obama is actually an impostor. Therefore, he could never be impeached, because impeachment is a fun (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Speaking of presidents…and golfing…(Possibly, There Might have Been No Cuban missile Cris, Etc…) ~ Why Did Castro/Cuba Go Communist? Hmmm… | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS-AMERICA!” (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- GunnyG: The Bottom Line: “WE WILL NEVER OUTVOTE THEM AGAIN …” (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Speaking of presidents…and golfing…Possibly, There Might have Been No Cuban missile Cris, Etc… ~ Why Did Castro/Cuba Go Communist? Hmmm… | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS-AMERICA!” | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS-AMERICA!” (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul: Expanding Covert Warfare Makes Us Less Safe… (“In 2010, I said in a speech that there had been a CIA coup in this country. The CIA runs the military, the drone program, and they are in drug trafficking. The CIA is a secreti (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G’s Marines History and Traditions: Marines In OSS ~ HOW “THE MARINES”ALMOST BECAME THE OSS, FORERUNNER TO THE CIA! | CLINGERS… BLOGGING BAD ~ DICK.G: AMERICAN ! (madashelland.wordpress.com)