The Quotable Nathan Bedford Forresth
ttp://astore.amazon.com ^ | January 2, 2012 | Lochlainn SeabrookPosted on 9/30/2014, 9:22:22 PM by NKP_Vet
Though Nathan Bedford Forrest was not a writer, had little formal education, never authored a book, and was not a professional speaker, he did leave us with a number of witty comments, profound words, and sublime statements. Award-winning author, Southern historian, and Forrest scholar Lochlainn Seabrook has gathered together some of the more memorable and impressive of these and forged them into a small but fascinating work:
“The Quotable Nathan Bedford Forrest.” Among the nearly 140 footnoted quotes included here are Forrest’s thoughts on warfare, military rules, West Point graduates, education, friendship, and even drinking, gambling, cussing, and morality.
Seabrook, the author of the popular bestseller, “A Rebel Born: A Defense of Nathan Bedford Forrest,” has also included excerpts from newspaper interviews, Forrest’s postwar appearance before the U.S. Joint Select Committee, and numerous examples of the General’s personal notes and letters and, of course, his military dispatches and reports. Much of what Forrest said was never written down but was recorded from the memory of those who associated with him.
Particularly poignant is the inclusion of Forrest’s black equal rights speech to the Independent Order of Pole Bearers, the forerunner of the modern NAACP, chronicled by a local reporter. From the General’s own words we learn that he was not an “illiterate inbred hillbilly,” a “monstrous racist,” or a “cruel and violent slave owner,” as the North and New South disingenuously continue to preach.
Quite the opposite. He was not only, as Confederate General Richard Taylor said of him, a “tender-hearted, kindly man,” he was also a true Southern gentleman, a fair and compassionate Rebel officer, a successful businessman, and a faithful husband who loved children, protected women, and gave charitably to war veterans, orphans, and widows.
A conservative Southerner and a staunch supporter of states’ rights who freed his slaves years before Abraham Lincoln issued his fraudulent Emancipation Proclamation, unlike the North, Forrest stood firmly behind our country’s most sacred document, the Constitution-before, during, and after Lincoln’s War.
“The Quotable Nathan Bedford Forrest” is a brief but important work that, like Seabrook’s other three books on the General, will introduce him to new readers, help destroy the numerous absurd and slanderous Northern myths surrounding him, and bring him out of the shadows and into the mainstream of American history where he justly belongs. Obscured for the past 150 years, now discover the real man for yourself-in his own words. An attractive, unique, affordable, and popular tourist-friendly work that will appeal to both casual Civil War buffs and hardcore Civil War scholars alike,
“The Quotable Nathan Bedford Forrest” is the perfect addition to any retail outlet, including not only bookstores, but Civil War sites, historic houses, museum gift stores, antique shops, B&Bs, tack shops, motorcycle shops, and gun stores. Tennessee author Lochlainn Seabrook, a cousin of General Forrest’s, is the winner of the prestigious Jefferson Davis Historical Gold Medal. Known as the “American Robert Graves” after his celebrated English cousin, Seabrook is the author of over thirty popular adult and children’s books, including:
“A Rebel Born: A Defense of Nathan Bedford Forrest”; “Nathan Bedford Forrest: Southern Hero, American Patriot”; “Give ‘Em Hell Boys! The Complete Military Correspondence of Nathan Bedford Forrest”; “The Quotable Robert E. Lee“; “The Old Rebel: Robert E. Lee As He Was Seen By His Contemporaries”;
“Everything You Were Taught About the Civil War is Wrong, Ask a Southerner!”; “The Quotable Jefferson Davis”; and “The Unquotable Abraham Lincoln: The President’s Quotes They Don’t Want You to Know!”
- GUNNY G: BB ORWELL 1984+
- GUNNY G: P!SSED YET, PILGRIM?
- GUNNY G: NOTHING BY ACCIDENT…
- GUNNY G: THE PEOPLE WHO CAST THE VOTES…
- GUNNY G: BLOGGING BAD!
- GUNNY G BLOGS, ETC.
- “……In the first place, Barack Hussein Obama is not the legal president of the U.S. Actually, his name is not Barack Obama, he was not born in the United States and, in both occasions, he intentionally avoided taking the Presidential Oath of Office as spe (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Its the Corporations, Stupid! (poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com)
- The Secret War Against the American People (veteranstoday.com)
- Servando Gonzalez — Why the House Can’t Impeach Obama… “…..So, there is strong evidence pointing to the fact that this man who calls himself Barack Hussein Obama is actually an impostor. Therefore, he could never be impeached, because impeachment is (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- “Obama\’s Dictator Dreams: America\’s Nightmare” ~ Servando Gonzalez – historian, semiotician, writer, political satirist, intelligence analyst (gunnyg3.wordpress.com)
- Servando Gonzalez – Amerika: Imagine A World Without Her…………………. (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Arpaio returns military surplus equipment to federal government….. ~ Also: Servando gonzalez obama related Links Here!….. (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)
- “A Fifth Column Indeed” ~ Servando Gonzalez – historian, semiotician, writer, political satirist, intelligence analyst (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Servando Gonzalez – The Last Line of Defense… (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- The Revolt of the Patsies – A Bump in the Road to the New World Order? (12160.info)