ISIS eyes nuclear-armed Pakistanby LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD
November 2, 2014
Pakistan‘s use of Islamic militancy as an instrument of its foreign policy, including knowingly playing host to Osama bin Laden, may now pose a looming threat to its own national security.According to Pakistani sources, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria ISIS is gaining strength in Pakistan.
Altaf Hussain, the founder and leader of Muttahida Quami Movement, a Pakistani political party representing the Urdu-speaking community, said the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan TTP and Al-Qaeda are merging with ISIS and may challenge Pakistan’s integrity and stability.
Six prominent members of the Pakistan Taliban have turned their allegiance away from Afghan Taliban spiritual leader Mullah Omar to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Five regional Taliban commanders also affirmed their support for al-Baghdadi, who, in June, declared himself the Caliph of the Muslim world and ordered all Muslims to pledge their allegiance to him.
Al-Baghdadi’s success has been largely attributed to his ability to consolidate disparate militant factions into a single fighting force.The October 23, 2014 killing of eight Shia Muslims in the southwestern city of Quetta suggests that ISIS may be having an influence on indigenous Sunni militants in Pakistan. Abdul Khaliq Hazara, leader of the Shia Hazara Muslim community said:
“There are indications of ISIS seeking to expand its presence in Baluchistan. I suppose ISIS are [sic] looking to build up a support base here along the border with Iran, to add pressure on Iran from its eastern border [along Pakistan].”Pakistan remains a central node in global terrorism.
As early as the 1950s, Pakistan began inserting Islamists associated with a Pakistan-based Jamaat-e-Islami into Afghanistan…………….
AMERICA’s LAST CHANCE TO CONTROL WASHINGTON?
- (Col Sellin) The PowerPoint rant that got a colonel fired – Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq – Army Times (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- (Col Sellin) ~ “Obama is America’s first Hollywood presidentby LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD ” Family Security Matters (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “National suicide by political correctness, by LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD ” ~ Family Security Matters (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- “Ebola: a politically incorrect approach by LAWRENCE SELLIN, PHD ” ~ Family Security Matters (gunnyg2.wordpress.com)
- Col Sellin On: Peter Boyles on 710 KNUS ” Blog Archive ” Peter Boyles Show – Sep 12, 2014 – Hr 4 (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)