U.S. Prepared to Launch ‘Preventive War’ Against North Korea, Says H.R. McMaster
Newsweek ^ | August 5, 2017 | Jason Le Miere
Posted on 8/6/2017, 1:45:49 PM by 2ndDivisionVet
The United States is preparing for all options to counter the growing threat from North Korea, including launching a “preventive war,” national security adviser H.R. McMaster said in an interview with MSNBC that aired Saturday. The comments come following North Korea carrying out two tests of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) last month.
“What you’re asking is are we preparing plans for a preventive war, right?” he said in response to a question from MSNBC’s Hugh Hewitt. “A war that would prevent North Korea from threatening the United States with a nuclear weapon. And the president’s been very clear about it. He said he’s not gonna tolerate North Korea being able to threaten the United States. If they have nuclear weapons that can threaten the United States. It’s intolerable from the president’s perspective. So of course, we have to provide all options to do that. And that includes a military option.”
North Korea has claimed that its latest missiles, which it says can carry large nuclear warheads, can now strike anywhere in the United States. Experts believe that the country’s missile program, led by Kim Jong Un, has greatly accelerated in recent months putting it far ahead of previous predictions about when it could launch reliable long-range missiles.
Speaking to Newsweek in recent days, several experts said that an attack would be the deadliest the U.S. has ever received and potentially kill more than 100,000 people if it struck in large population centers like New York City or Los Angeles…..
(Excerpt) Read more at newsweek.com …