Posted on 1/13/2018, 2:03:16 PM by Kaslin
When President Trump asked why the U.S. should accept immigrants from third-world nations he allegedly characterized as “s-holes,” liberals (and some neo-conservatives) howled with outrage, branding the president a bigot and a racist.
But…was Mr. Trump right? Perhaps far more than his opponents would like to admit. Don’t take my word for it – take the word of the liberal, globalist United Nations, which celebrated its annual “World Toilet Day” and named its “Toilet Heroes” last November 19.
Here are a few interesting statistics, straight from the U.N.:
– Around 60% of the global population – 4.5 billion people – have either no toilet at home or one that doesn’t safely manage excreta.
-862 million people worldwide still practi[c]e open defecation.
– 1.8 billion people use an unimproved source of drinking water with no protection against contamination from [feces].
– Globally, 80% of the wastewater generated by society flows back into the ecosystem without being treated or reused.
– Only 39% of the global population (2.9 billion people) use a safely managed sanitation service [–] that is, excreta safely disposed of in situ or treated off-site.
– Combined with safe water and good hygiene, improved sanitation could prevent around 842,000 deaths each year.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com …