Chuck Baldwin — Ted Cruz: Pros And Cons… “…However, if one wants to get an idea of what the remnant of the old Religious Right is thinking today, read what my friend Richard Viguerie has to say. Richard is one of the original founders of what became known as the Moral Majority and then the Religious Right. He is still very influential with those who would identify themselves as part of the Religious Right. And Richard has glowing words for Mr. Cruz:…”
March 26, 2015
Texas Senator Ted Cruz made his candidacy for President of the United States official this week. He is the first Republican to officially jump into the presidential race. He chose my alma mater, Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, to make the announcement. Readers immediately inundated me with requests for my thoughts on his candidacy. Today’s column will attempt to answer those requests. Mind you, these are preliminary thoughts, subject to change one way or the other as I learn more about Senator Cruz.
Before I list what seem to me to be more obvious pros and cons of his candidacy, let me say that it is extremely obvious that Mr. Cruz is wanting to “corner the market” on the Christian conservative vote and make them the ideological and political base of his campaign. The fact that he chose Liberty University, the largest evangelical Christian university in the country, to make his announcement makes it crystal clear. And if some of the early reactions to the senator’s strategy are any indication of whether Senator Cruz succeeded or not, it may seem that he has taken a big step in that regard.
While the politically potent Religious Right of the Reagan/Bush era is only a shell of its former self, it is a stark reality that no Republican since Richard Nixon has won a presidential race without the enthusiastic support of Christian conservatives. Republican presidential candidates must at least APPEAR “conservative” enough to attract the base of religious conservatives or face a thumping in the general election. If you don’t believe that, just ask John McCain and Mitt Romney.
GyG: History of US Biological testing/Ops, Etc…
- GUNNY G: BB ORWELL 1984+
- GUNNY G: P!SSED YET, PILGRIM?
- GUNNY G: NOTHING BY ACCIDENT…
- GUNNY G: THE PEOPLE WHO CAST THE VOTES…
- GUNNY G: BLOGGING BAD!
- GUNNY G BLOGS, ETC.
- GunnyG: The Bottom Line: “WE WILL NEVER OUTVOTE THEM AGAIN …” | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G! ~ Attn: “CLINGERS” (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: Re The Endless Obama Caper and THE LAST DAYS, Etc. ~ A TOPIC MANY THINK ABOUT, BUT… | GUNNY.G: ARE YA GOOD-N-P!SSED YET, PILGRIM? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Chief Mark Kessler Readys For Waco Like Attack On His Home! | Alternative (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama Administration Is ‘Not to Ever Second-Guess Me Again': Israeli Prime Minister Lashes Out | TheBlaze.com (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Hey! What Happened to This Old Usa and Those Take No Sh!t Americans? (gyggrey.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Speaking of presidents…and golfing…Possibly, There Might have Been No Cuban missile Cris, Etc… ~ Why Did Castro/Cuba Go Communist? Hmmm… | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS-AMERICA!” | BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ “CLINGERS-AMERICA!” (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: HOW WE GOT HERE AND WHY !!!!! ~ By: William Buppert ~ The Constitution: The God That Failed – “The Constitution is an enabling document for big government…… (gunnygblog.wordpress.com)
- Why Is THIS Flag Flown Worldwide As a Symbol of Freedom? | CLINGERS… BLOGGING BAD ~ DICK.G: AMERICAN ! (gunnygbb2.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Re Chinese Want US Citizens Disarmed….How Come I Never Hear Anyone Demanding BigBro Be Disarmed??? (madashelland.wordpress.com)
- Veteran psychiatrist calls liberals mentally ill ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (genomega1.wordpress.com)
Glen Beck’s Kindler, Gentler Exploitation of the Border CrisisAmerican Thinker ^ | 07/28/2014 | John BennettPosted on 7/28/2014, 8:45:04 AM by S
By SeekAndFindGlen Beck’s “charity” charade is neither conservative nor, in my opinion, Christian. This nation’s charitable impulses have already been exploited beyond belief through decades’ worth of lax immigration enforcement. The most likely outcome of Beck’s “charity” act is that it will diminish the rule of law and undermine conservative goals.
April 29, 2014
Some “prominent Republicans and conservative news media outlets” are being accused by The Washington Post of rallying around the cause of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who made derogatory comments about “Negroes” and has been discredited as a racist.
Glenn Beck: Cliven Bundy ‘unhinged’
Politico ^ | 04/24/2014 | JONATHAN TOPAZ
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:30:04 PM by GIdget2004
Glenn Beck criticized Cliven Bundy’s comments on race on his radio program Thursday, saying the Nevada rancher is “unhinged from reality” and urging his supporters to “end your relationship” with him.
‘Time to Forget the United States…’: Beck Says the ‘Fundamental Transformation’ of America Has Already Happened | TheBlaze.com
If this is what is [I am] required to pledge allegiance to, I am no longer a citizen of this country,” Beck said. “If I am required to pledge allegiance to that, I proudly declare now for my grandchildren’s ears, I am not a part of [it].”
Only one Person can cast out Satan and He’s so much more than a film maker… “Roma Downey and Mark Burnett decided to leave the lookalike character out of their upcoming movie, Son of God”
By Judi McLeod Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Almost a year after some 100 million cumulative views in the biggest selling TV on DVD in the past five years and the biggest miniseries of all time on DVD in its first week of release, featuring a Satan who had a passing resemblance to President Barack Obama, Roma Downey and Mark Burnett decided to leave the lookalike character out of their upcoming movie, Son of God, based on The Bible miniseries.